Saturday, September 16, 2006

Is This Food Enough???

My mother used to complain of this every day in and out. Mihir you need to gain some height or put on some weight. She made me have tones of food before leaving to Arunachal. She must have felt that I will be going through a diet programme or something. My food bag only, must be around 3-4 kgs. And know what she asks me while leaving the house???

“Is this food enough??” But then, I wasn’t going to eat all of it alone, was I? That food was supposed to last us for a month, hence to finish it off…I opened almost all the food on our first day of travel. Once that everyone had tasted the wonderful food of my mothers hand, they just fell in love with it. Once that, they got together( I mean the food and the group)…it was just a matter of time, till the bag got lighter.

Balls are an addiction you know………..(hey…..what are you thinking??? ) am talking about the cheese balls, u dumbo……people, we’re talking about food here….well I really liked them. And people do sometimes , make fun of you…..but I am used to it. So, having atleast 2 packets of cheese balls a day became my daily food. Ok ok, I did have all the other food…. Momo’s….. its more like a “modak”, filled with vegetables and eaten with a soup. The “vegetables”, consisted nothing but cabbage. Ok, we made a mistake of going in the off-season, but, that doesn’t mean, we have to be like a cow, who only feeds on grass, do we???

Yeah, but all the momos and thupkas and chowmein and the heavy heavy Bengali food that I had, made my stomach a human food processor. I was having everything and anything….no, I mean I was about to try a prawn pickle (I am a vegeterenian), but then it smelled too much. Well, I also had a samosa filled with “shira” made out of yak milk….eww……guys and gals if u ever go to anyplace in arunachal please please please for my sake don’t have it…….

But even after having all this food, I was sure I would have lost atleast 2-3 kgs… my weight being around 50kgs..

But the first compliment I get, isn’t…you look tanned, or you look tired.. but “you seem to put on weight…….” J that’s the compliment I was waiting for…..you have put on some weight……

One of the happiest days of my life….to keep on repeating that sentence in front of my mom………..

you seem to put on weight…….”

No comments: