Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bus.....Part 1

So our travel at Arunachal, was to be done mostly by bus…and the bus that we took to Namdapha (that’s a Wildlife sanctuary)….was just what you would like to call it in hindi “bus” (that’s “enough”). Ok, it was a bus. A blue rectangle with a hornbill picture on its side, some seats and some wheels (I guess 4 I think. Don’t some buses have 2 tyres each at the back?) forget it…there was no doubt that the bus might be having a suspension. But you know what? That was the most fare friendly bus I had ever seen. “Fare” as in traveler. Do I sound a bit of an American?

Yeah, so as I was saying, seriously you would have thought, was the bus made for traveling to the end of a country or for the travelers comfort? There was door, that would never close. Now I agree that some people are in a hurry to get on the bus, but ….. That vehicle was some old model, and that door was heavy, believe me heavy…. That old grandfather of a conductor must be having triceps, huge triceps. We should let him enter the Olympics from India, I am sure he would do well. Opening and closing it, every 2 minutes…oh, I wish I could do something like that. Now the provisions made for the comfort of people… firstly a huge engine that had seating arrangements right next to it. So the seats were always WARM, I think it was made for the cold season, so thoughtful..

The frontal part that has the driving wheel and all on it (damn….I forgot his name….)… was made for all the farmers who would carry food from town to town. Nice racks, all made to size to fit every possible size of a vegetable. It had small slits to keep the vegetables from getting overcooked I meant if someone did have rice and some water, but it in a small container, you really might get cooked rice during the journey. Who says India consumes a lot of fuel?? I know only Utility vehicles have these provisions, but they also require a fuel supply. Does any other vehicle have free cooking service??

No comments: